latenitewithstede at gmail dot com || @StedeUS on Twitter || Subscribe with RSS

Thursday, January 2, 2014

UPDATED! Stede's Spreadsheeting Sandbox - Now with BOTH Wowuction & TUJ data!

Hi folks!  If you read my post earlier this week about the current state of Wowuction data, then you probably already had an idea that I would be updating the spreadsheeting sandbox I had made.  The new sandbox allows you to pull in BOTH Wowuction & TUJ data for your realm with a single click.  It also gives you over a dozen custom functions to use to grab all the data from each source and plug into your own calculations.

I've also uploaded a new tutorial that walks through how to use the sandbox and some of the basic functionality that's offered.  You can now spreadsheet prices and profit margins and more with ease!  I'll have more posts in the next week or two that talk about spreadsheeting - why it's important and what you can do with it.  So grab a copy, start playing around, and don't go too far!

Download the updated version of Stede's Spreadsheeting Sandbox here.

The Video Tutorial can be found here.

5 comments:

  1. The spreadsheet is great and i was in the process of trying to create something similar but i didn't know to much code, and how to make all the stuff you did.

    So thank you so much for it.

    I do have a question:
    1. Is there a way to lookup the price for in ItemID instead of the ItemName? This is especially needed for those times where an item "of the Eagle" has a different price than the one "of the Owl" for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply here. I've implemented this feature as of today. If you re-download the spreadsheet, you can now use every function with the itemid number in place of the name. I should have a post out later this week that talks a bit more about this update.

      Delete
  2. Just watched the video tutorial for your spreadsheet, and it looks awesome! I'm going to try it out later. Thanks for the spreadsheet and video tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing - glad you're enjoying it and thanks a bunch for the comment!

      Delete
  3. This spreadsheet shows all the stats of an item that I have been looking for. I'm taking an Intro to Computing class this upcoming semester, and I am even more excited now to learn excel! I will be learning the basics; I can't imagine ever making a spreadsheet this beneficial. The Stede's Spreadsheeting Sandbox is professionally made.

    ReplyDelete