latenitewithstede at gmail dot com || @StedeUS on Twitter || Subscribe with RSS

Monday, July 8, 2013

A New Home

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to my new home!  For  the last few months, I've been really thinking about doing my own thing with a blog and a podcast.  I've really enjoyed doing the Call to Auction podcast with Euripides and Namssob.  But it's a long show, and the recording schedule presents a lot of conflicts for me.

What I plan to do here is make a post once a week, and do a short 20-30 podcast, live, at the same time every week, and record it.  That would let folks who want to listen to the live show and give feedback / questions while we record the opportunity to participate.  The podcast wouldn't just be something you listen to, but actually something you could be involved in.

As far as the show goes, I'm planning to keep it short and informal and conscript some buddies to have on the show to talk about some of the stuff they do.  I really want to emulate the style of a late nite show, but I have to admit, I don't think I'm very good at telling jokes - so I'll be skipping that part.

On the Consortium Forums, a lot of the help I give is done through Private Messages.  I usually get 1 or 2 a week from folks asking some more detailed questions about their particular markets.  I'm on several servers myself now, so the exercise of looking at a new server and teasing out the goldmaking environs therein is always fun for me.  I'd like to bring more of that here - either via comments on the blog, via tweets, or via questions on the show.

I'm also looking into making some video guides on Youtube.  I've been meaning to do an ArkInventory guide for awhile, but I wanted to practice a bit with it.  I finally got the time to do that last week, and that's something I'm looking forward to doing.


I hope you'll bookmark the site and join in the discussion her on the blog, during the podcast, on twitter or even on irc.

No comments:

Post a Comment